The company Crowdpolicy IKE organizes the crowdhackathon initiative in areas of interest to the economy and entrepreneurship on behalf of public or private entities and legal persons or on its own initiative. The goal of the hackathons is to promote, network, and reward ideas, proposals, and applications that contribute to solving problems and mobilize the creative human capital of the country.
The Crowdhackathon is governed by the following terms.
You are invited to carefully read these terms before submitting your participation.
Your participation in any role implies the unconditional acceptance of these terms, and their acceptance is a prerequisite for the validity of each participant’s participation. In the event of disagreement with any part or the entirety of the terms of the crowdhackathon, you will receive relevant information from the organizer regarding your inability to participate in the marathon.
Participation in the hackathon / Participants
The categories of participants and their roles are presented below:
Organizer (Organizing Committee – Organizing Team)
- The organizing committee consists of executives from the organizers and other organizations that sponsor or support the event.
- The organizing committee is responsible for the smooth running of the hackathon.
- It coordinates the actions concerning awareness and participation of all parties involved.
- It forms the rest of the committees and announces the call for participants.
Competing teams or project team
- The teams consist of one (1) to six (6) people. It would be helpful for the members to have combined knowledge of interface design, design and development of web applications and applications for mobile devices as well as knowledge on the hackathon theme (eg analysis of business applications and systems, finance, marketing etc.).
- The established teams should register before the start of the hackathon.
- The teams participate by implementing applications, functional prototypes, designs etc. that are relevant to the hackathon goals and themes in the form of MVP (minimal viable product).
- The teams must be present at the venue where the hackathon will be held.
Observers – Visitors
- It concerns anyone who wishes to watch the hackathon.
- They participate ONLY at the beginning of the hackathon when introductory presentations take place and at the end of the hackathon (award ceremony and party). They can also participate in side events, if there are any.
- They do not participate in the competition process.
- They can apply to participate as team mentors.
- It consists of individuals with professional or/and academic experience in a field related to the hackathon.
- They are chosen by the organizers.
- The mentors of the competing teams cannot be members of the evaluation committee.
- If necessary, they specify the evaluation criteria listed below.
- They evaluate each implementation using a dedicated electronic form (application – information system).
- They do not participate in the competition process.
- They are individuals with professional or/and academic experience in a field related to the hackathon.
- They guide and advise the participants.
- They do not participate in the competition process.
- They are legal persons of the public or private sector that can support the principles and goals of the hackathon. Their size and activity are related to the implementation of actions, interventions, initiatives and projects addressed to a large part of society, economic, social and business life.
- They propose mentors or committee members if they are asked to do so by the organizing committee.
The display or selection of the display of supporters on the website and press releases or any kind of information material disseminated and reproduced by electronic means is the choice of the organizing committee.
Terms and Conditions of Participation
- Only individuals aged 18 and above (at the start date of the competition) and individuals under 18 with the consent of a guardian, regardless of nationality or place of residence, have the right to participate in the crowdhackathon. The organizer will engage in a relevant telephone communication with the participant and subsequently provide the relevant consent form to be completed by the participants.
- Participants are not required to have a degree from a public or private school or to be students of a public or private school related to the subject. Natural persons within the aforementioned age range have the right to participate in a Crowdhackathon, regardless of whether they have practiced or are practicing a profession related to the subject of a Crowdhackathon.
- Participants must carefully read the terms of this document before registering and submitting their proposal.
- Participation in the Crowdhackathon implies the unconditional acceptance of all terms and the corresponding commitment of the participants.
- Participation in the CrowdHackathon and information about it will be exclusively available on the CrowdHackathon.com website.
- The submission of proposals before and during the conduct of each Crowdhackathon and the process of physical participation will be carried out exclusively in Greek and English, except where international terms are required.
- Participants bear full and exclusive responsibility for the protection or any other form of safeguarding of their submitted proposals, as well as the rights arising from them.
- Interested parties can participate in the competition either individually or in teams. During registration, the team representative, who will also be the contact person, as well as the other members of the team, should be declared. For the declaration of the personal information of team members, the team representative guarantees that they have obtained the prior written authorization from each of them for the purpose of the competition, which they will make available to the Organizers whenever requested.
- The Organizers may, at any stage of the crowdhackathon, request the relevant documents (identity, passport, driver’s license, etc.) to verify or certify the participants’ information in accordance with the above terms.
- In the event of false declaration, the Organizers bear no responsibility, but they reserve the right to cancel participation at any stage of the competition.
- Any printed material or other material – part of the proposal submitted within the framework of the competition will not be returned under any circumstances.
- The preparation cost of any kind of implementation solely burdens the Participants.”
Exclusion of participants from the competition
Individuals or entities falling under any of the following cases are excluded from participating in the BOC hackathon:
- Legal entities of any form based in Greece or abroad.
- Employees or partners of the Organizer.
- Individuals under the age of 18 at the start date of the competition, without the approval of a guardian, regardless of nationality or place of residence.
- Individuals lacking legal capacity.
- Participation is not allowed for individuals whose implementation is related to scientific research, studies, or work that has been submitted by themselves or a third party (within the framework of the submitter’s academic program) or a third party (private or public university or institute in Greece or abroad, public or private IEK, or any other public or private educational organization, institution, or institute).
- Participation is not allowed for participants whose implementation or content violates general legislation and the rights of third parties (including but not limited to provisions on intellectual property, defamation, research with explicit, offensive, defamatory, and generally illegal content, research that violates personal data, research that violates any kind of confidentiality, etc.).
- Participation is not allowed for participants who violate in any way any term of the present conditions or are in conflict with any general provision of Greek law.”
Please note that this translation is provided to the best of my ability, and for any specific legal or official matters, it’s recommended to consult with a legal professional or use the official terms and conditions provided by the organizer.
You will be required to complete the table below. The organizer may change or modify this table during the hackathon. This form may be completed before or after the hackathon.
|Description of the application||Short description|
|Hackathon – Coverage of specifications||What are the sets or parts of the proposed specifications covered by the implementation?|
|Data||Which data (datasets) are needed to implement the proposal? – Which data will ultimately be used?|
|Apis||Which APIs are needed to implement the proposal? – Which APIs will ultimately be used?|
|Links||Datasets / apis links|
|Prerequisites||What are the prerequisites in order to productively use or extend the use of the application of the prototype?|
|Technology||What technology is the implementation of the prototype based on? Which opensource software packages does it utilize?|
Process and evaluation criteria
The evaluation committee evaluates and awards applications and implementations based on specific evaluation criteria, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Compatibility with the hackathon goals. Completeness and percentage of coverage of the proposed specifications.
- Creation of value for the value chain it is intended for.
- Complementarity with applications of other participants.
- Interconnectivity with social media platforms as well as open Public / Private APIs.
- Innovation of the implementation approach.
- Technological integrity, including, but not limited to:
- Degree of data visualization produced or utilized through automatic mechanisms.
- Interdisciplinary features on which the proposed implementation has been based on.
- Feasibility of the implementation of the prototype so that it can be productively applied to the hackathon scope or be easily utilized by third parties.
- Possibility for commercial exploitation, in the case of a commercial application and not for charitable purposes.
- The impact, in the case of an application related to charitable actions and initiatives.
The results and documentation are announced electronically or not. Participants do not have the right to object to the selection of the evaluation committee and the final specification of the criteria at any time.
APIs, open source services and software
Participants are encouraged to use third-party services, APIs and applications, libraries and open source platforms. In addition, sponsors, supporters and interested parties may offer technology platforms or APIs for the electronic services they already provide.
Ownership of the applications
All teams or individuals shall retain the ownership of what they are to create during the hackathon. Furthermore, they are sole responsible for NOT violating any kind of third party intellectual property rights (modification, use, reproduction, etc.).
Personal Data and Copyright
The management and protection of the personal data of participants of the hackathon by the organizers are subject to these terms and the relevant provisions of the existing regulatory and legislative framework for the protection of individuals from the processing of personal data and confidentiality of communications. Participation in the hackathon implies the explicit and unconditional consent of the participants for the registration of their personal data, the summary / descriptive paragraph – material to be published as well as a brief Curriculum Vitae of the finalists in a file which will be kept in accordance with Greek Law 138 (I) / 2001.
All participants declare that they agree to be recorded and / or photographed and / or filmed and / or incorporated into an organization material themselves and their proposals in any way by the organizer during all stages of the hackathon even after its completion and grant the organizer the right, free of any payment for copyright or other rights, to use, process, transmit, broadcast it through the website or any other website owned by the Organizers and / or any other means including mass-media networking and third-party websites.
All of the content such as code, mockups, notes produced by the participants during the hackathon will be available under the license (CC BY-SA 4.0, http: //creativecommons.org/licenses/by -sa / 4.0 / deed.el) unless the organizers decide otherwise.
Participants waive any right to remuneration and / or exchange for any of the aforementioned uses.
The Head of the Team declares and guarantees that he/she has received written authorization from each of the team members to provide the organizers with their explicit consent regarding the registration, processing and publication of their data for the purpose of the hackathon as determined above, which he will make available to the Organizers whenever it is requested. Participants waive any right to remuneration and / or exchange for any of the aforementioned uses.
The organizers declare that they cannot check the entries in the competition for compliance with the provisions on intellectual property and, therefore, relies solely on the participants’ statement of compliance with the provisions on the protection of intellectual property.
In the event of violation of any of the terms of the competition and the current legislation, and in the event of violation of third-party rights whenever this is known, the organizers may either exclude the participant from the next stages of the competition (if it is discovered before the award οf the prize) or to withdraw the decision to nominate the particular participant as a winner and to request that they return the prize as well as restore any damage caused due to the violation of these terms either to a third person or to the organizers themselves.
During the event, alcohol will not be served or consumed. The organizers will be responsible for creating a pleasant atmosphere.
Code of conduct during a hackathon
Recommendations to participants:
- Be respectful: Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other participants. Behave professionally. Remember that harassment and racist, sexist or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate for this event.
- Be open: We welcome participants of different levels of education, as well as of different technological and social background. This event is about increasing the overall amount of innovation, partnership, and engagement in the developer community.
- Be pleasant and have fun: Hack, meet new people, get creative, and have a good time. Getting something meaningful done within such a short amount of time can be stressful, but we would like to encourage everyone to take a break every now and then in order to relax and enjoy the event.
- Attendees violating these rules may be asked to leave the Hackathon at the sole discretion of the Hackathon organizers. Thank you for helping make this a welcoming, friendly event for all. Source: www.hackathess.eu/hackathlon/όροι-συμμετοχής
- Participation in the Hackathon implies the unconditional acceptance of the present Terms.
- The organizers will not be responsible for any technical reason making it temporarily impossible to receive and register a participation or submit a participation in the system.
- The organizers reserve the right to unilaterally and unjustifiably modify the terms of the competition if necessary without any prior notice to the participants
- Any difference or dispute that arises from the present Terms or is related to them shall be resolved by the competent courts of Cyprus.